MIRRORED FROM: https://git.sp4ke.com/sp4ke/hugobot
hugobot is a an automated content fetch and aggregation bot for Hugo data
driven websites. It has the following features:
- Use the
feeds table to register feeds that will periodically get fetched, stored
and exported into the hugo project.
- Currently handles these types of feeds:
- Define your own feed types by implementing the
JobHandler interface (see
- Hugobot automatically fetches new posts from the registered.
- Sqlite is used for storage.
- The scheduler can handle any number of tasks and uses leveldb for
- Data is automatically exported to the configured Hugo website path.
- It can export
markdown files or
json/toml data files.
- All fields in the exported files can be customized.
- You can define custom output formats by using the
- You can register custom filters and post processing on exported posts to avoid
changing the raw data stored in the db.
- You can force data export using the CLI.
hugobot also includes a webserver API that can be used with Hugo Data
Insert and query data from the db. This is still a WIP, you can easily
add the missing code on the API side to automate adding/querying data
from the DB.
An example usage is the automated generation of Bitcoin addresses for new
articles on bitcointechweekly.com
- Some commands are available through the CLI (
can add your own custom commands.
First time usage
- The database is automatically generated the first time you run the program.
You can add your feeds straight into the sqlite db using your favorite sqlite GUI
or the provided web gui in the docker-compose file.
- PRs welcome, current priority is to add tests.
- Check the TODO section.
- Add tests.
- Handle more feed formats:
mailing-list emails ...
- TLS support in the API (not a priority, can be done with a reverse proxy).